The Benefits of having a Company Uniform
Do you remember your school days when you did not have to worry each morning about what to wear; you just put on your uniform and off you would go to school? As adults our lives are ten times busier and yet we choose to complicate things further by not having a uniform. There are many benefits associated with having a company uniform not only for the company itself but also for the employees and customers.
Benefits to the Company:
- Your staff will become walking billboards for your brand. When they go to get lunch or go to appointments, potential customers will be exposed to your company through the branding on their uniform.
- Your employees will stand out in a crowd. This is particularly important at trade shows and other marketing related events. Your staff will also be unique and distinct as no one from the general public will have the same outfit as them.
- Your staff will be on time! No more wasted time trying to select an outfit in the morning.
Benefits to the Employee:
- Employees feel a sense of unity. Why do you think sporting teams, the army and schools all have uniforms? By putting on a uniform employees feel like they are adopting a different persona. There are certain industries that have completely migrated to uniforms such as the hospitality (e.g. hotels, bars and clubs) industry where uniforms are seen as part of their service provision.
- Uniforms have a positive impact on people’s behavior – when they are wearing a uniform they know that their behavior may reflect well or poorly on their employer and are therefore more conscious of their actions.
- Uniforms promote equality – there is less pressure for employees to spend money so they can look a certain way.
Benefits to Customers
- Uniforms also help your customers; they know who to approach for help. Uniforms are particularly important for events because your customers may be at a location unknown to them and if everyone is dressed casually it becomes awkward trying to work out who is actually hosting the event.